How to get a sermon Preaching topics from the bible.
I can relate on how desperate most people are in reading the bible, seeking for simple topics to preach and at the end of a long study, no understanding comes, getting a topic of discussion becomes problem. It is not easy to get a topic to teach others because building is progressive. Many people are tired of hearing the same thing over and over, and sometimes, students and church members murmur for more inspiring sermon topics.
You can relate in this situation where one is vague of what to teach or where to study in the bible so that the flocks will not go hungry. It has happened to many Pastors. Sometimes, emergencies come, and we get rushed up with anything we see and at the end we lose everything and members become more confused. There are many simple preaching topics you can find from the bible. All you need is to read more and rely on the Holy Spirit to teach you. Also, you can also surf the internet for some and by the leading of the Holy Spirit select as you are about to select some from our page today.
You can also relate situations where teachings are boring not that you do not teach well but the topic is looking complex. At this moment simple sermon topics are required especially when you know the state and strength of your audience. Though it is appalling that these day, people seek for what interest them even in preaching, God will help us. The goal of simple inspiring sermons are not to interest the audience but to communicate the mind of God even as it seem pleasurable to their ear; never lose the goal of preaching a sermon because of your audience.
There are different ways to get preaching sermon topics. It is not all verses of the bible that you should caption a preaching topic. Sermon topics are captioned based on biblical context that portrays a theme or ideal you want to present. Unless on the matter of bible exposition and commentary that you consider the entire passage. The Bible chapter has what is known as “flow of thought”, you also check on this to know what a bible passage is talking about. Now, there are topics base on their nature, has series, you need to know how to design unique sermon topics for it. Check the following pages learn more on biblical study patterns.
Sermon topics are titles used in preaching so as to tailor the point of what God is saying to His church. Sermon topics are captioned from scriptures to portray a certain biblical meaning and context. There are many people who do not know how to get a sermon topic from the bible despite that they have read and studied it.
There are trending sermon topics for great awakening for different dispensations. Amongst the communities of students, there are certain sermon topics for student which God brings as an emphasis to grow the spiritual state of students and restoration of great awaking in their lives.
In this article, sermon topics that are spiritually discerned and biblically captioned are listed. Some are from great men of God that we have their audio sermons on our site and some are from daily devotionals. Also, some of the topics are just quotations so you can easily caption a topic from it after studying. Our goal is that you choose as God may lead you and elaborate on them so that the body of Christ will be edify. This page is updated monthly with many new preaching sermon topics. You can as well send a message to the admin of the site through our contact page if you desire a contract to prepare outlines for daily devotion, bible study and seminars. Feel free to enjoy the following inspiring sermon topics below.
Sermon topics on faith and healing
These are scriptures on faith and healing: Mark 4: 26-34 (this is how faith grows too), Hebrews 11, Matthew 7: 5-17, mark 7: 31-37, 9: 14-25, Luke 4: 31-end, 5: 1-27, 8:26-53, John 5: 1-15, Matthew 9: 35-37, 17: 19-21, James 2, 2:21-26, 3, Hebrews 11,
- The gift of faith
- The meaning of faith
- The manifestation of faith
- True faith (James 2:21-26)
- Doing the work of faith (James 2)
- Speaking the words of faith (James 3)
Sermon topics on mercy, favour and grace
Romans 5:8, 6:14, Ephesians 2: 8-9 Hebrews 4:16, James 1; 3, 5:7-20, 1 Peter 5:10, John 4:1-45, Titus 3:4-7, 2 Corinthians 13:14, 1 Corinthians 5: 14-20,
- Depending on the grace of God
- The elements of favour
Sermon topics on end time and salvation
Mark 13:1-end, Luke 21: 5-end, Matthew 21: 33-end, James 5:7-9, Romans 1: 16-17,
Sermon topics on wisdom and understanding
- The hidden wisdom of God
- How to receive wisdom (James 1:5)
- Evidence of true wisdom (James 3:13-18)
- Excellence of wisdom
- The call and cry of wisdom (Proverb 8:1-11)
- The origin of wisdom (proverb 4: 5-7, 8:22-31)
- The way of wisdom (Proverb 9: 1-12)
- Walking the way of wisdom (James 1)
Sermon topics on spiritual warfare
These are scriptures on spiritual warfare: Judges 5: 20, Job 38: 31-33, Isaiah 7: 1-9, 19:3, Ephesians 6: 10-20, Luke 10:19, JOB 5:12, 1 Peter 4: 8-9, 1 John 4:3-4, Revelation 12:11, Isaiah 7:7, 8:10, 54:13-17, 1 John 4:4, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, James 4:7, Romans 8:37, & 31, Matthew 10:1, Psalms 35:1, 2 Timothy 10, 2:3-4, Hebrew 2: 14-15, 2 Corinthians 103:6
- Spiritual warfare
- Reason for spiritual battles
- Fighting with elements of heaven (Judges 5: 20, Job 38: 31-33,)
- Faith in fighting spiritual warfare (Isaiah 7: 1-9, 19:3)
- Essences of spiritual warfare
- Weapons of warfare
- The rising army of God
Sermon topics on prosperity giving and wealth
Luke 21: 1-4, Matthew 6: 1-4, 6: 19-21, 33, 7: 7-12, Proverb 22:21, & 7. 37:12, Galatians 17:6, 2 Corinthians 8:9, Ecclesiastics 23:12015
Sermon topics on dominion and authority
Colossians 1: 15-23,
Sermon topics on leadership
Mathew 12: 15-21, Luke 16: 1-13, 18: 21-35, 2 Timothy 1:12, Daniel 6:3, Acts 14:26,
- Engaging your spiritual potentials
- Excellent Spirit of leadership (Daniel 6:3, Acts 14:26)
- Integrity in leadership
- Accountability in service
Sermon topics on marriage and relationship
Colossians 3: 18-25, Matthew 19: 1-12, Proverb 31: 10-31
- The virtuous wife (Proverb 31: 10-31)
- How to build a lasting Christian home ()
- The blessing of marriage
- courtship in marriage
Sermon topics on Holy Spirit, spiritual gifts and fruit of the Holy Spirit
Galatians 5: 16-25, 1 Corinthians 12, 13 and 14, Romans 8: 26-27, Acts 2:1 -13, Isaiah 30:20-21, Romans 12:1-2
- Intimacy with God
- Walking with God (Isaiah 30:20-21)
- Yielded live (Romans 12:1-2)
- Fellowshipping in the spirit
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- The manifestation of the sons of God
List of Sermon topics on prayer
Acts 12:5 – 12, James 5: 16, Luke 6:12 -16, Acts 16: 25-36, Ephesians 1: 15-23, 3:14-21, 6:19-20, Colossians 4: 12-13, Luke 11: 1-13, 18:1, Matthew 6: 5-14, 7: 7-12,
- Power of intercessory prayer (Acts 12:5 – 12, Col. 4: 12-13).
- The power of effectual prayer (James 5: 16, Acts 12: 5-12, Col. 4: 12).
- The power of mid night prayer (Luke 6:12 -16, Acts 16: 25-36.)
Sermon topics on God’s word and bible study
John 17:17, John 1:1-7, 2 Timothy 4: 1-5, 2 Timothy 2: 14-19, 1 Timothy 5:17-18,
Sermon topics on God’s love
John 3:16. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, John 15:13, Matthew 22:37-39, 1 John 3:1, Mark 10:7-8, 1 John 4: 12-19,
- The love of God (1 John3: 11-18)
Sermon topics on the kingdom of God
Matthew 21: 33-46, 20: 1 -16, 18: 1-9, 21-35, Galatians 1:6-10, 5: 16-21,
- The gospel of the kingdom of God
- The manifestation of the kingdom of God (Luke 11:20)
- Operating in authority of God’s kingdom
- The meaning of the kingdom of God
- The coming of the kingdom of God
- The signs of the kingdom of God
- The kingdom of God
- Download Understanding the gospel by Apostle Joshua Selman
Sermon topics on righteousness and holiness
1 Corinthians 1:30, Colossians 3: 1-17, James 4:8-10, 2 Timothy 2: 20-22, Romans 12:1-2, Hosea 10:12,
- Living by God’s standard (James 4:8-10)
- Living to please God
- Living for the glory of God
- Conforming to the image of Christ
- The life of consecration (2 Timothy 2: 20-22, Romans 12:1-2)
Sermon topics on greatness, excellence and success
Luke 16:10-12, Joshua 1:7-11, Romans 5:17, Revelation 5:10, 1:6, Luke 19:27, Ecclesiastic 19:13,
- Laws of greatness in the kingdom of God
- Kingdom wealth and prosperity
- Spiritual pathway to greatness
- How to make good Success and prosperity (Joshua 1:7-11)
- Reigning in life (Romans 5:17, Revelation 5:10, 1:6, Luke 19:27, Ecclesiastic 19:13, Proverb 8:15)
Sermon topics on the fear of God
These are some scriptural quotations on the fear of the lord that are used for sermons: Ecclesiastics 12:11-12, Proverbs 9:1, Isaiah 11:1–3, Proverbs 15:33, Proverbs 1:7, Isaiah 33:6, Proverbs 19:23, Psalm 128:1, Proverbs 8:13,
- The blessings of the fear of God
- The meaning of the fear of the Lord.
Sermon topics on evangelism and missions
Matthew 9: 35-38, 10: 1-end, 2 Timothy 4: 1-5,
- The witnesses (Isaiah 43:10)
- Emergence of witnesses
- Go in this thy might
Bible sermon topics from the Old Testament and New Testament
There are powerful sermon topics you can get from the Old and New Testament. The truth of the matter is that, each topic you want to deliver must reveal the person of Christ and His lifestyle. There are also other elements you will add to your sermon, teaching and preaching which concerns the kingdom of God. We have outlined some of these topics.
- Fruitful living
- Our reality in Christ
- Turning from wickedness to godliness
- Living in submission to God (James 4)
- Perseverance (James 1:3)
- Christian maturity (James 1:4)
- The way of death (James 1: 13-15)
- The way of life (James 1: 16-18)
- The power of persistence (Luke 18:1-5)
- The cost of discipleship
- The schemes of devil (John 10:10, 1 John2: 15-17)
- Spiritual growth (Colossians 1:9-10, 2 Peter 3:18, Hebrews 5:12, 1 Peter 2:1-25)
Sermon topics for bible study outlines
This content provided you sermon topics and outline for bible study and teaching ministry. Getting bible study topics most times are difficult. Bible study topics and preaching topics are meant to be simple. They should be more of application than revelation. Preaching topics should be more revealing and informative. In this case, there are simple preaching topics outlined for you for both bible study outlining and teaching below:
- The cost of following Christ (Mark 8.34-38, Matthew 4.18-22).
- Divine discipline (Hebrew 12.3-11).
- Excellence (Ecc. 9.10 and Philippians 4.8-9).
- The living epistle (2 Corinthians 3: 1-6).
- Love (Matthew 5.43-48, John 3:16).
- Ready vessels for God’s glory (2 Timothy 2:14-26).
- The upright heart (psalm 119.1-16).
- Obedience an attribute of the kingdom (Genesis 12:1-9).
- Our expression, a reflection of our heart (Luke 6:43-49).
- Christ our bedrock of Christianity (Matthew 17:1-8).
- True humility (Philippians 2:1-8).
- The believer’s lifestyle (1 Timothy 4.11-16).
- Manifesting spiritual gifts for witnessing (I Corinthians 12:1-11).
- Yielding totally (Romans 16. 13-16, John 5:30).
- Walking in the spirit (Galatians 5. 16-25, Romans 8).
- Growing in the knowledge of God’s word (1 Peter 2.2, 2 Peter 3.18).
- Dying with Christ (Romans 7.1-6).
- The friend who sticks (John 15: 9-17, 26-27).
- Deeper walk with the Holy Spirit (Philippians 3:12, Galatians 5:25).
- Death to sin, alive in Christ (Romans 6:1-14).
- Returning to the Lord (Revelation 2:1-5, Lamentation 3:40).
- A life of consecration (2 Timothy 2:20-22).